2015 | £3,693
2018 | £4,337
* The average cost of a funeral in the UK. Source: SunLife Cost of Dying Report 2016.
Yes, you can choose to have either a burial or cremation. The cost of the burial plot and headstone are not covered by the prepaid Funeral Plan and so you, or your loved ones, will need to arrange to pay for your burial plot and headstone separately.
It’s very simple. When you take out a plan, you’ll receive two copies of certification which include your allocated funeral director details. Give one of your certificates to your family or someone you know to keep safe. Then, when the time comes, your loved ones can use the contact details to get in touch with the funeral director. They should inform the funeral director about the death and provide a death certificate (which the funeral director can help with). The funeral director will then take care of all of the other arrangements which will be just as you set out in your plan.
Yes. When you are applying, simply make us aware of who it is for.
No, there are no medical examinations or questions. All of our funeral plans are available to anyone, regardless of their health or medical history. Guaranteed Acceptance.
No. We’ve taken a lot of care to ensure that everything is transparent. All charges associated with each plan option such as Third-party-costs are covered. If you’d like more clarity, please contact us and we’ll explain exactly what is included in the price of your chosen plan.
The money you pay for your prepaid Funeral Plan is held in an Independently Managed Trust. This trust ensures that the money paid to meet the cost of your funeral services is secure and that your funeral will be provided when the time comes. The Trust works with many regulated professionals to ensure your money is safe.
1. The money you pay for your prepaid Funeral Plan is paid directly into the Trust held at a Bank, which is independent from the Funeral Planning Provider chosen.
2. The Funeral Trust is there to safeguard client funeral plan money and has direct agreements with Funeral Directors to release the money for agreed plans at time of need. Until such time the Trust is there to safeguard client money and agrees to ‘lock in the price’ of the funeral plan.
3. The Trust is managed by a board of Trustees, who are selected and appointed based on nothing less than; personal credibility, diverse skillset, professional experience, maturity and integrity. The FPA rules state that a majority of Trustees of any Trust require to be completely independent of the company and In accordance with current legislation as set out in the Regulated Activities Order (Financial Services and Markets Act 2000), Article 60.
Furthermore our Funeral Plan Providers work with independent certified professional Chartered Accountants, in order to undertake regular due diligence audits of The Trust and its transactions in order to verify the Trust fund balance.
We have a network of respected funeral directors across the country, and will allocate a funeral director who is based as close to your home as possible. The funeral home will be chosen on this basis as well. All of our funeral directors are members of the National Association of Funeral Directors or British Institute of Funeral Directors.
Where a funeral home closes or changes hands, the Funeral Planning Provider will find a replacement for you.
We’ll discuss any special requests with you on your welcome call. If you are already on a plan, please contact the Funeral Planning Provider chosen to help and discuss these with you.
Funeral director’s fees cover all of the elements of the funeral that your funeral director will provide, from Basic to Ultimate Plan arrangements.
We can send all of the correspondence to your address should you not want your loved one to know you have purchased a plan.
You can pay for your plan using any of the following methods:
• Visa & Mastercard
• Bank Transfer
* The above payments can be paid in full or by monthly Installments
**Where included in Your Plan these are referred to as disbursements. The sum included within your Plan paid towards these costs will increase with CPI.
***Minimum standard coffin requested with the Funeral Director, please be aware that materials may vary by funeral service provider.